Electrified Automation is an innovator within a specialist field of Manufacturing Automation – we leverage many years of experience within the Electric vehicle sector combined with a culture of innovation which makes us truly unique. We’re a dynamic and focussed team with clear values that are rooted in the development of industry firsts and placing the creation of customer value at the centre of what we do.
We now have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our team as a control engineer in the Automation department to support our customers with their electrification ambitions. The role will assume technical responsibility for developing and delivering all aspects of the controls systems within our equipment ensuring customers’ needs are not only met but also exceeded. Starting with concept designs through to commissioning at the customers site all elements are critical.
What skills do you need?
The following skills are essential:
- Demonstrate Electrified values:
- Innovate – express every idea
- Deliver – be responsible for our customers success
- Pride – Take pride in what you do
- Degree or equivalent in control and systems engineering
- 5+ years of experience in the automation industry
- Capable of producing electrical and controls architecture to facilitate the purchase of all control elements for our systems
- Proficient in programming logic controls (PLC) (e.g., Siemens, Allen-Bradly, Omron, Mitsubishi)
- Configuring and designing HMI systems (e.g., Siemens, Allen-Bradly, Omron, Mitsubishi)
- Knowledge and experience with safety certification of machinery (compliance with the machinery directive 2006/42/EC CA / CE certification)
- Understanding of various motion controllers / actuators
- Experience and skills in troubleshooting control system issues.
- Capable of integrating robotic equipment into systems
- Use of office365 software
- Strong organisational, analytical and communication skills
What will an Automation Controls Engineer do at Electrified?
- Engage with our customers to create detailed software design specification (SDS) that satisfies all parties requirements
- Create systems electrical and controls architecture to provide technical support to the business to aid with project quotations and system procurement
- Provide periodic project status updates to the executive management team as well as the customer
- Design and develop software based on customer specifications ensuring all aspects of the brief are matched
- Work closely with our mechanical engineers to develop robust, repeatable process for our systems
If you have experience within the areas above and a passion for innovation, we’re keen to hear from you
Cycle to work scheme