Electrified Automation is an innovator within a specialist field of Manufacturing Automation – we leverage many years of experience within the Electric vehicle sector combined with a culture of innovation which makes us truly unique. We’re a dynamic and focussed team with clear values that are rooted in the development of industry firsts and placing the creation of customer value at the centre of what we do.
We now have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our team as Mechanical Design Engineer to work within our Automation group and support our customers with their electrification ambitions. The role will design bespoke manufacturing solutions to aid with the manufacture of electric motors. The solutions created will be broad covering manual jigs and fixtures through to fully automated manufacturing cells.
What skills do you need?
- Demonstrate Electrified values:
- Innovate – Express every idea.
- Deliver – Be responsible for our customers succes.
- Pride – Take pride in what you do
- 1+ years’ experience in design bespoke machinery / equipment
- Fully conversant in Solidworks CAD syste
- Knowledge and experience using GD&T
- Understanding of MFMEA processes
- Experience designing and manufacturing:
- Equipment incorporating robotics
- Understanding of the machine directive and general system safety requirements
- Control systems
- Use of office365 software
What will a Mechanical Design Engineer do at Electrified?
- Engage with our customers to create detailed design specification that satisfies all parties requirements. Provide technical support to the business to aid with project quotations.
- Create engineering solutions for production equipment and ensure all aspects of the brief are matched
- Draft 2D manufacturing drawings, technical / design specifications and detailed 3D design and equipment GA for procurement
- Work closely with our control engineers to develop an automation system to control the process
- Ensure compliance with relevant Health and Safety standards, policies, and procedures
- Aid with the procurement, planning, manufacture, commissioning and delivery of the equipment
- Resolving issues with production process, equipment and improving their efficiencies
- Work closely with other departments to ensure that the quality of products delivered to our customers is to the highest of standards
- Support the introduction of new equipment, processes into production
- Provide training to clients engineers and operators
- Produce all supporting documentation including build drawings and technical documentation manuals (including installation, operation, and maintenance manuals, bill of material, customer specifications, test reports)
If you have experience within the areas above and a passion for innovation, we’re keen to hear from you
Cycle to work scheme